J. Individual-Private Campsites: Individual, private campsites not associated with campgrounds are permitted provided the following conditions are met:
1. One campsite per lot existing on the effective date of this Ordinance, or 30,000 square feet of lot area within the Residential Shoreland District or Resource Protection District, whichever is less, may be permitted.
2. Campsite placement on any lot, including the area intended for a recreational vehicle or tent platform, shall be set back 100 feet horizontal distance, from the normal high-water line of a water body, tributary streams, or the upland edge of the Deer Brook wetland or Knight’s Pond.
3. Only one recreational vehicle shall be allowed on a campsite. The recreational vehicle shall not be located on any type of permanent foundation except for a gravel pad, and no structure except a canopy shall be attached to recreational vehicles.
4. The clearing of vegetation for the siting of the recreational vehicle, tent or similar shelter in a Resource Protection District shall be limited to 1,000 square feet.
5. A written sewage disposal plan describing the proposed method and location of sewage disposal shall be required for each campsite and shall be approved by the Local Plumbing Inspector. Where disposal is off-site, written authorization from the receiving facility or landowner is required.
6. When a recreational vehicle, tent or similar shelter is placed on-site for more than 120 days per year, all requirements for residential structures shall be met, including the installation of a subsurface sewage disposal system in compliance with the State of Maine Subsurface Wastewater Disposal Rules unless served by public sewage facilities.
7. Camping on town park or recreation land is regulated by the Town of North Yarmouth Parks and Recreation Area Use and Regulation Ordinance. [Amended 6/18/11]