In a newly finalized rule, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has redefined the RV exemption from manufactured housing standards, clearing up a regulatory uncertainty that has plagued RV manufacturers, dealers and campgrounds for decades. But the new ruling will also pressure tiny home builders to meet federal standards and acquire certification for their trailers — or alternatively meet the challenging HUD manufactured home standards.
- Jewel Pearson joins ATHA as State Chapter Leader for North Carolina
- Legislation on tiny homes could create tools to combat Montana homelessness, housing crunch
- New State Chapter Leader for Virginia
- Progress on Appendix Q in MA
- A big step for tiny homes: Routt County Planning Commission approves Milner project