To register a tiny house in Connecticut, you will need the following:
- Receipts for the parts/items that were used to make the trailer. Please see Classification of Trailers as Homemade for more information.
- Completed Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (Form H-13). Download the form, fill out online, and print to bring with you. Vehicle information should identify the trailer being registered (i.e. year-2010, make-Homemade, body style-flatbed trailer).
- Identification will be required to register a trailer. Please see list of Acceptable Forms of Identification.
- An Affidavit of Ownership (form H-115) must be completed. An Affidavit of Ownership (form H-115) must also be completed when prior ownership cannot be determined.
- Inspection: A safety inspection is required for all homemade trailers. Please see Inspection of Trailers for more information. A VIN will be assigned to the trailer.
Official link: http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=810&q=245094